Most Popular U.S. Cities For Digital Nomads, According To Airbnb
As distant work turns into extra prevalent, many individuals are starting to mix work with journey. The variety of digital nomads is steadily rising, and corporations like Airbnb have benefited. The firm says that many vacationers have been dwelling in an Airbnb for complete seasons at a time, with about 20% of company in 2021 reporting that they had been working remotely throughout their keep. Airbnb says the development has continued into the primary quarter of 2022 and has announced the 5 hottest U.S. cities for digital nomads this yr.
1) Los Angeles, California
As the second most populated metropolis within the U.S., Los Angeles is thought for being a metropolis of dreamers and known as house by individuals from everywhere in the world. It’s a wonderful metropolis to settle into for some time and affords nice choices for digital nomads.
Some advantages of Los Angeles as a digital nomad embrace:
- Fast web everywhere in the metropolis. For these utilizing Airbnb, the web can also be probably included.
- There are loads of cafes with web and coworking areas to work out of.
- You’ll by no means run out of latest issues to do and take a look at.
2) New York, New York
New York City is the second hottest metropolis for digital nomads and is essentially the most populated metropolis within the United States. For these simply getting began as a digital nomad, the large apple could be a tall order because it has one of many highest prices of dwelling on the planet. However, for many who can afford it, New York City could be a good spot to name house for a time as a digital nomad.
Some advantages of New York as a digital nomad embrace:
- Endless espresso outlets with quick web and a great deal of coworking areas to select from.
- There is a lot to do on this metropolis you’ll have hassle crossing all the things off your record.
- You gained’t want a automotive. New York City could be very nicely linked, and public transportation is in every single place.
3) San Francisco, California
San Francisco is the third hottest selection for digital nomads, based on Airbnb. Following the theme of the primary two cities on the record, San Francisco can also be an costly metropolis. The common hire within the metropolis is nearly $3,400, so digital nomads ought to put together for larger prices. Still, there are advantages to the world.
Some advantages of San Francisco as a digital nomad embrace:
- Networking. As the house of world expertise, San Franciso is a good place to fulfill different like-minded individuals utilizing the web to leverage their careers.
- The climate is unbelievable all yr lengthy. Winter is gentle, and summer season hovers within the mid-70s.
- It’s simple to discover. Public transport is prospering within the metropolis, and people with a bicycle can shortly get round because of the metropolis’s in depth bike lanes.
4) Houston, Texas
Houston is the fourth hottest selection for digital nomads this yr and the fourth most populous metropolis within the United States. The metropolis covers a variety of floor and is pretty car-dependent relating to transportation. Digital nomads might discover it difficult to get round with out one. However, digital nomads are nonetheless flocking to town.
Some advantages of Houston as a digital nomad embrace:
- It’s a giant metropolis however it’s extra inexpensive than many others. It had the second lowest price of dwelling in comparison with different populous U.S. metro areas in quarter one among 2022.
- There is at all times one thing occurring. Concerts, sporting occasions, museums, and exhibits are continuously being placed on. Entertainment will never be in short supply.
5) Seattle, Washington
Seattle is the fifth hottest selection for digital nomads for 2022. As the house of the world’s first Starbucks, it goes with out saying there are infinite choices for espresso outlets to work out of. There are loads of transportation choices within the metropolis, and there actually isn’t a lot must have a automotive.
Some advantages of Seattle as a digital nomad embrace:
- Close to nature. Seattle is a wonderful metropolis selection for many who wish to get away from the city to refresh for a day, with Olympic National Park in shut proximity.
- There is not any scarcity of coworking areas within the metropolis for many who want extra construction.
As digital nomads proceed to vary the material of labor tradition, it’s probably that Airbnb and different lodging corporations will work to draw them. Airbnb lately introduced their very own “live and work anywhere initiative,” permitting their workers to work remotely from anyplace with none change in pay. Hopefully, different corporations will introduce comparable packages for these within the digital nomad way of life.
↓ Join the neighborhood ↓
The Travel Off Path Community FB group has all the newest reopening information, conversations, and Q&A’s taking place day by day!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LATEST POSTS
Enter your electronic mail handle to subscribe to Travel Off Path’s newest breaking journey information, straight to your inbox
Disclaimer: Current journey guidelines and restrictions can change with out discover. The determination to journey is finally your duty. Contact your consulate and/or native authorities to verify your nationality’s entry and/or any modifications to journey necessities earlier than touring. Travel Off Path doesn’t endorse touring in opposition to authorities advisories